Wednesday, April 1, 2015

L.A. Color Jumbo Lip Pencil Set




Hello Dumplings,

       I love to review makeup. It's one of my favorite things to do, especially drugstore cosmetics because they are easier to splurge on. I found this cheap makeup set at my local dollar store. Being a sucker for jumbo lip pencils I had to pick it up. 5 pencils for $6 was a major steal. I don't really have anything else from La color cosmetics in my stash. I tried La color nail polishes a while ago and I wasn't to impressed. Drugstore makeup does improve over time so I thought I'd give em a try. I also like the fact that they are one of the available cruelty free cosmetic brands.

       Okay so lets talk about the chubby bastards! The set contains 6 colors which are not named( I hate that). Easy Dumplings, I will artfully make up names for you :) But first I want to talk about the overall texture, smell, pigmentation. . .

      They all have a matte finish, all but 2 (violet & Mauve) are extremely dry and not fun to apply. The pigmentation is fair at best. I had to apply several layers to get the color effect I did. The colors are what really drew me in to buying this lip set was the colors. I love a bright lip, and there were a lot of good looking colors. The worst thing about this set is the smell of the products. Omg I don't even know how to describe it. It smells like a cheap waxy lotion or soap. Almost like citronella. The smell goes away after a while but I don't like wondering what crappy ingredient is causing that smell. BTW they all have that smell. It was a HUGE turn off. Also the staying power is about an hour. I can really only recommend this set to people who are starting a new beauty blog, and are looking for cheap makeup sets to review.

       I hope you enjoyed my little post. Thanks for reading, and what do you guys think of La Color Cosmetics?

                                                 <3 Jen


Here are the swatches!












































Soft Peach Peony- matte peach 
















Light Pink Blush-matte pink



















Mauve-matte neutral pink


















Violet-matte bright purple


















Fire Engine Red-matte bright red

















Deep Ruby Red-matte deep red



No comments:

Post a Comment