Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Product Spotlight Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips in Riviera Strip

Hello Dumplings,

          I absolutely love a really good multi use product in my makeup arsenal. Nothing is better than getting your money's worth, especially when it comes to makeup. I like shimmer strips because they give you a grouping of coordinated colors. You can use them alone or blend them together. The intensity of the color depends on the type of brush you use. A bigger brush diffuses the color to a soft shimmer. A smaller brush gives a more pigmented opaque result.



          I chose this particular shade because I felt it went best with my complexion. It is a mix of cream, warmer bronzes and cooler toned bronzes. I've heard people say that these could be used wet, but I haven't had much luck with that application.


          I mostly use this product in different combinations as eye shadow. It makes a lovely lid or inner corner color. I like to anchor it with a matte color in the crease to add dimension I also use a matte cream highlighter. I can easily create day or night looks.


          The other thing I like doing with this palette is blending the colors together with a big fluffy brush to use as a highlighter for the tops of my cheeks. I wouldn't recommend this look for day time because it is a bit shimmery, but for special occasions it creates a lovely.


          Lastly it works really well when placed in the center of your lips over lipstick or gloss. The shimmery color makes your lips look plush.

          Physicians Formula makes shimmer strips in different types and colors. I suggest you check them out. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

                                                                  <3 Jen

2 comments:

  1. This seems like it would be nice for a natural shimmery day look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is, that's what I mostly use it for :)

    ReplyDelete